Under the overall guidance of the Operations Manager and direct supervision of the Procurement Analyst, the Procurement Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes in CO. The Procurement Associate promotes a client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit. The Procurement Associate can supervise clerical and support staff of the Procurement Unit. He/ she works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects' staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex procurement-related issues and information exchange.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies;
- Organization of procurement processes;
- Implementation of sourcing strategy;
- Provision of logistical services;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Ensure implementation of the operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/ UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control;
- CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
Organize procurement processes for CO, NEX/ DEX projects and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Prepare procurement plans for the office and projects and their implementation monitoring;
- Organize procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Prepare Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services. Buyers profile in Atlas;
- Prepare submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP);
- Implement the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems;
- Present reports on procurement in the CO;
- Prepare cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies;
- Implement joint procurement processes for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
Ensure implementation of sourcing strategy focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Develop and update the rosters of suppliers, implement supplier selection and evaluation.
Ensure organization of logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Responsible for organization of travel including purchase of tickets, DSA calculation, PO preparation; arrangement of shipments; vehicle maintenance; conference facilities arrangements;
- Responsible for timely conducted DSA, travel agencies, vehicle maintenance, hotel and conference facilities surveys;
- Manage the Atlas Travel module and its transactions;
- Administer cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the travel services provided by UNDP to other Agencies and projects.
Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organize trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Secondary education with specialized training in procurement. University degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of progressively responsible administrative experience at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advanced knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
- Certificate in Public Procurement (CIPS).
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates may view the vacancy notice and apply through UNDP E-Recruitment system via this link: https://tinyurl.com/nu37mzwu
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Innovation - Ability to make new and useful ideas work - Level 3: Adapt deliverables to meet client needs.
Leadership - Ability to persuade others to follow - Level 3: Proactively seek and recognize contributions of others.
People Management - Ability to improve performance and satisfaction - Level 3: Appropriately involve team in different stages of work and decision-making.
Communication - Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform - Level 3: Express information and views with adaptive reasoning and appreciation for complexity and variation.
Delivery - Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement - Level 3: Take responsibility for addressing critical situations and delivering core value.
Job Knowledge/ Technical Expertise - Level 3: Implement and Manage: Exercise skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work.
- Understand the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possess basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Identify new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work;
- Strive to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrate good knowledge of information technology and apply it in work assignments.
Client Orientation - Level 3: Implement and Manage: Exercise skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work.
- Report to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organize and prioritize work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establish, build and sustain effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Respond to client needs promptly.
Promoting Organizational Change and Development - Level 3: Implement and Manage: Exercise skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work.
- Document "best practices" in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system;
- Demonstrate ability to identify problems and propose solutions;
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing - Level 3: Implement and Manage: Exercise skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work.
- Research best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Document innovative strategies and new approaches.
Design and Implementation of Management Systems - Level 3: Implement and Manage: Exercise skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work.
- Use information/ databases/ other management systems;
- Provide inputs to the development of simple system components;
- Make recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems.
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management - Level 3: Implement and Manage: Exercise skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work.
- Gather and disseminate information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems;
- Prepare timely inputs to report.
Building Strategic Partnerships - Level 3: Implement and Manage: Exercise skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work.
Analyze general information and select materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. UNDP may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.