The Programme Analyst on Youth is located in UNFPA Armenia Country Office (CO) and reports to UNFPA Head of Office. The Programme Analyst on Youth maintains collaborative relationships with all programme and project staff at the CO. Internal contacts include the Head of Office, and the CO's programme/ technical teams. External contacts include other UN agencies in the country and counterparts in Country programme activities, including government agencies, international NGOs, experts, etc. The Programme Analyst on Youth substantively contributes to the effective implementation of the UNFPA activities in the area of youth empowerment, including youth health education and community mobilization. The Programme Analyst will also assist with gender and disability matters as a cross-cutting issue. The Programme Analyst on Youth assists in the design, planning and management of UNFPA's country programme by analyzing relevant political, social and economic trends and providing inputs to project formulation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks. The Programme Analyst assists with programme/ project implementation by using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures, as well as by monitoring results achieved during implementation.
- Participate in the identification and formulation of the country programme and component projects by compiling and analyzing information in the subject areas of UNFPA assistance to the Government, draft project documents and work plans and prepare tables and statistical data;
- Evaluate project and programme activities, establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, conducting field visits, participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and preparing regular inputs to status and progress reports. Analyze factors affecting the achievement of results, recommend corrective actions and follow up on recommendations;
- Contribute to creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the CO, and drafting relevant materials for dissemination;
- Support advocacy and resource mobilization strategy of the CO by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events. Establish and maintain network of donor and public information contacts and provide assistance in organizing and conducting donor meetings and public information events;
- Analyze and interpret the political, social and economic environment relevant to the youth/ young people field and identify opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention. Keep abreast of new policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks, and prepare briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks.
- Advanced degree in Education, Public Health, Youth Studies, Population, and/ or other related Social Science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Prior experience in the field of youth programme activities would be desirable.
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages.
- Exemplifying integrity;
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system;
- Embracing diversity in all its forms;
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results;
- Being accountable;
- Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen;
- Thinking analytically and strategically;
- Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships;
- Communicating for impact.
Functional Skill Set:
- Advocacy/ advancing a policy-oriented agenda;
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships;
- Delivering results-based programmes;
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
To apply, please follow the link: https://tinyurl.com/jn6frdwt
(Job Opening ID: 35754). Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline: http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV/ AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/ AIDS status.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, UNFPA needs principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction. UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; UNFPA needs staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.