Reporting to the Head of Delegation/ Operations Manager in Armenia, the Programme Support Officer is responsible to provide support to the IFRC Head of Delegation/ Head of Operations in all aspects of the IFRC programmatic, technical, administrative support, to ensure smooth running of the office, to handle IFRC finances and accounting support services to programs and office running budgets, to provide administrative and welcome support to the IFRC teams and other visitors as required.
The responsibilities of the Programme Support Officer include:
Financial Management and Controllership
- In coordination with IFRC Cluster Office ensure timely opening of IFRC Bank account in Armenia;
- Ensure the application of the IFRC policies, processes, and procedures in financial management and logistical support;
- Prepare financial reports, journals (petty cash and bank) as per actual expenditures/ cheques/ bank transactions and ensure financial month end is done as per IFRC regulations;
- Support the preparation and submission of accurate and timely cash forecasts;
- Prepare IFRC budgets;
- Monitor budgets regularly and advise relevant staff on budgetary matters;
- Work closely with NS and ensure that all local procurement follow the IFRC procurement rules;
- Discuss contracts and payments with third parties in accordance with established IFRC processes and procedures;
- Provide certain accounting services, under the supervision of the South Caucasus Finance and Admin Manager and Head of Delegation/ Operations Manager;
- Ensure relevant agreements are processed in eContract platform under close supervision of the South Caucasus Finance and Admin Manager;
- Monitor stock, inventory and ensure all purchased items are registered with full details.
Administration and Welcome Service
- Manage the Country Delegation, including security, assets, financial assets, rental and utility payment, office maintenance, and other resources in accordance with IFRC procedures and regulations;
- Review the IFRC Welcome Pack for Armenia and keep it fully and regularly updated and shared with all visitors;
- Provide support to all IFRC visitors, including as required visa, transportation, accommodation and other relevant tasks;
- Support on-boarding of new team members;
- Ensure IFRC correspondence with external stakeholders as needed and in close coordination with the Liaison Officer/ Head of International Relations of Armenian Red Cross Society;
- Maintain regular and proactive dialogue with internal and external stakeholders with regards to relevant finance and administration management matters;
- Work closely with the IFRC Security Focal Point in Tbilisi and provide relevant updates in a timely manner;
- Ensure proper filing system is established in the Office.
Programmatic Support/ Support to Head of Delegation
- Support in taking minutes as and when necessary during meetings;
- Support in scheduling relevant meetings for the Head of Delegation/ Operations Manager;
- Support with programme planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Relevant university degree or extensive professional experience in a related field;
- Professional qualification in accounting or equivalent;
- Relevant professional training courses (Red Cross/ Red Crescent related, humanitarian and development sector, management, etc.);
- At least 2 years of work experience with an International organization, international non-governmental organization, NGO and/ or government development agency;
- Volunteering or working experience within the Red Cross/ Red Crescent Movement;
- Experience in developing budgets, plans and financial analysis;
- Experience in management of an accounting services function;
- Experience in communicating financial results to managers;
- Experience in preparation for, conduct of and/ or support to external financial audit;
- Experience in administration;
- Experience in procurement and small-scale logistics tasks.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to lead and manage in a diverse cultural context;
- Highly organised/ time management skills;
- Advanced skills in computer productivity applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Advanced knowledge of accounting concepts;
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards or equivalent;
- Advanced knowledge of financial management and reporting applications (e.g. CODA and Business Objects);
- Understanding of treasury management concepts;
- Financial management skills;
- Good writing skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English language; good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic) is preferred;
- Respect for diversity, integrity, professionalism, accountability;
- Core competencies: communication; collaboration and teamwork; judgement and decision-making; national society and customer relations; creativity and innovation; building trust.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
The qualified and interested candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in English language to: firstname.lastname@example.org
, mentioning the position title ("Programme Support Officer") in the subject line of the e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!