The Regional Fund for Administrative Reform in the Eastern Partnership (EaP) is looking for a National Advisor for administrative reforms, good governance and rule of law in Yerevan with extensive practical experience in reform projects in these areas. The Advisor will be responsible for one sub-project. To the position also apply the tasks of project coordinator regarding the Armenian partners of in total four sub-projects of the Regional Fund.
The Project Coordinator/ National Advisor is:
- Responsible for implementation of the project goals and activities agreed in one sub-project of the "Regional Fund for Administrative Reform" in the Eastern Partnership (EaP) in six countries of the EaP according to the mandate and team agreements and/ or agreements with the superior; contribution to the overall management procedures for all regional sub-projects and professional advice;
- Responsible for innovation and knowledge management as well as conveying innovations to a broad target group of people inside and outside the project;
- Responsible for integration of results and experiences in the teams of the GIZ good governance projects in six countries of the EaP and in the work of all other sub-projects of the Regional Fund and other relevant groups.
Project Management and Coordination
- Independently plan and implement the sub-project of the Regional Fund "Performance of Public Institutions" in close coordination with the fund management;
- Responsible for controlling and monitoring of the budget of the sub-project "Performance of Public Institutions";
- Independently develop and implement concepts and strategies and human capacity building approaches (HCD) for the sub-project "Performance of Public Institutions";
- Implement the “Parliamentary Administrations” sub-project independently, contractually and commercially, taking into account the applicable GIZ rules;
- Be involved in clarifying procedures for transnational processes and procedures in coordination with GIZ Eschborn;
- Responsible for regular communication and close coordination with the relevant projects in the country, with GIZ headquarters and the GIZ country offices for the implementation of the "Performance of Public Institutions" sub-project;
- Responsible for the impact monitoring for the sub-project “Performance of Public Institutions” and monitor the implementation of the activities and the achievement of the indicators;
- Use Capacity Works to manage the sub-project;
- Compile the relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- Coordinate relevant project activities with colleagues responsible for other sub-projects of the Regional Fund, with fund management and with the relevant projects in the country and with the Country Office in Armenia;
- Support colleagues responsible for other sub-projects and the fund management if necessary in the transnational implementation of all regional sub-projects of the Regional Fund;
- Plan, prepare and join activities in Armenia and regional activities in other EaP countries, ensuring the engagement and participation of relevant stakeholders from public and private sectors;
- Follow up with the implementation, budget management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation of Regional Fund measures;
- Cooperate with complex partner and stakeholder settings, with international donor agencies or development agencies, ensuring a harmonized approach within GIZ in Armenia.
- Be actively involved in preparing and implementing capacity building measures, exchange events, cross-country visits and the overall work at the regional level;
- Deal with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the regional project’s areas of activity;
- Draft proposals for cross-country measures in the format of projects sketches and offers;
- Monitor the media regarding the latest administrative and political developments in the countries of the Eastern Partnership, carefully consider this information during the implementation of the relevant cross-countries projects and suggest adaptations if necessary.
Communication and Networking
- Design and monitor the communication of the "Performance of Public Institutions" sub-project with all partners involved in the countries of the EaP;
- Establish and maintain networks between the partners of the regional sub-project and specialist exchange partners in EU member states and/ or EU institutions;
- Actively organize the public relations work within the framework of the sub-project "Performance of Public Institutions" according to the existing guidelines and strategies;
- Facilitate regular contact and dialogue with other respective GIZ projects, their partners, regional stakeholders and the EaP country delegations of the EU in close consultation with the management of the Regional Fund for PAR;
- Ensure good cooperation between the GIZ country office and the project offices in Armenia and the GIZ project offices of the Regional Fund in the EaP countries;
- Cooperate with local communities, relevant organizations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships;
- Communicate local interests and efforts, forward these and encourage sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project;
- Compile the relevant information for joint activities and missions;
- Responsible for EaP Regional Fund community management on IDA Platform;
- Carry out PR measures (GIZ internally and externally) for the EaP Regional Fund and fund financed projects (articles, newsletters, database with pictures etc.).
- Compile information about the work in the sub-project "Performance of Public Institutions" and ensure the transfer of knowledge both between sub-projects and overall projects;
- Develop strategies and concepts for the sub-project "Performance of Public Institutions" and advise other sub-projects, if necessary, on the development of guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- Ensure knowledge transfer to project information;
- Develop ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- Draw up reports and presentation documents;
- Prepare appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports to the commissioner, and contribute to the other reports required by the project director and GIZ Head Office;
- Take part and actively share knowledge in the scope of the regional GIZ sector network SENECA;
- Take actively part in and represent the EaP Regional Fund at the events and activities of the Fund financed projects;
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management;
The Project Coordinator/ National Advisor reports to the Head of the Regional Fund for Administrative Reform in the Eastern Partnership and is part of the Management Team in Armenia.
- Academic degree in Law, Economics and/ or Public Administration;
- Extensive work experience in the field of public law, legal reform and public administration reform;
- Proven ability to work in the professional context of reform processes;
- At least 5 years of working experience with international donor agencies or development agencies; prior work experience with GIZ is a strong asset;
- At least 5 years of experience in project management; prior work experience with GIZ procedures for project administration is a strong asset;
- Proven experience with budget management;
- Experience with project monitoring and evaluation in the project context; prior experience with GIZ M&E systems is a strong asset;
- Experience in cooperation with complex partner and stakeholder settings;
- Excellent social and communication skills;
- Proven ability to work in a politically sensitive context;
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related to software, phone, fax, email and internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Access or other database programs);
- Excellent skills in Armenian, English and Russian languages, both written and oral; knowledge of German language is an asset;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed - corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and oral;
- Very good working knowledge of digital tools and technologies for information processing, communication, content creation, problem solving and computer applications (e.g. MS Office) as an independent user;
- Ability to travel on a regular basis in the EaP region.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de
, indicating the vacancy title ("Project Coordinator for Regional Sub-projects/ National Advisor") in the subject line of the email. If the automatic response "Thank you for your email. It has been received by the GIZ Office Armenia" is not received by email, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 59 Hanrapetutyan Str., Yerevan. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Since November 2016, the technical cooperation project “Regional Fund for Administrative Reform in the Eastern Partnership” has been contributing to the creation of the prerequisites for sustainable changes through public administration reform (PAR) in the Eastern Partnership states. The support of the countries regarding the implementation of their policies in public administration reform is provided through the implementation of sub-projects (Teilmaßnahmen) conducted by the Regional Fund. These offer a forum for exchange among experts, specialists and managers as well as the possibility of piloting solutions for ongoing or planned administrative reforms. Advantageous starting points arise from the fact that GIZ development cooperation projects have already been commissioned in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine to support administrative reforms and promote good governance. The 6th country involved in the Eastern Partnership is Belarus. These projects work together with the relevant partner institutions of the Regional Fund. In its currently second phase the Regional Fund focuses on four thematic action fields such as: E-Governance, Civil Service and Vocational Training, Parliamentary Administration, and better Public Services. The European principles for administrative reforms (so-called SIGMA principles) as well as approaches to sector governance form an essential conceptual basis.