Full-time staff position
Checchi and Company Consulting, an international development firm based in the United States, is implementing the USAID-funded Armenia Integrity Project. The purpose of the Integrity Project is to reduce opportunities for corruption and reinforce public demand for improved governance and accountability in Armenia by strengthening corruption prevention institutions and integrity systems, supporting the implementation of specific legal-regulatory measures for corruption prevention, and facilitating a collective action approach to hold local entities engaged in corruption prevention mutually accountable. Checchi is seeking qualified Armenian citizens for the position of Senior Governance Officer/ Objective 1 Team Leader to lead implementation of Objective 1 of the Project, focused on building the capacity of the Corruption Prevention Commission (CPC) as a national leader and trusted resource on integrity issues, and building the capacity of integrity officers and other anti-corruption actors across government.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Senior Governance Officer/ Objective 1 Team Leader will be responsible for the implementation of all elements of Objective 1, to include the following:
- Work closely with counterparts and other Project Objectives to strengthen and develop Armenia's integrity system, including:
a) Understand and build the capacity of the CPC as a primary leader of and resource for pro-integrity activities in Armenia;
b) Develop the ability of CPC leadership to effectively strengthen and transform the CPC into a prestigious, well-respected, and sought after institution;
c) Strengthen the CPC's ability to conduct and analyze research on integrity issues, including on the return on investment of integrity activities, and the different effects of corruption and anti-corruption policies on different genders and vulnerable groups;
d) Build CPC's ability to lead, support, and build a network of integrity officers and other anti-corruption actors at all government levels, and of those actors to function effectively and independently;
e) Increase CPC ability to communicate the nature and effectiveness of integrity activities to the population at large;
f) Develop, in a collaborative fashion, solutions that strengthen Armenia's integrity systems in the long run, including developing concepts, white papers, draft legislation, and implementing rules;
g) Build strong relationships with counterparts to understand their needs and desires;
h) Coordinate with other projects, donors, and implementers to understand the assistance they are providing, and how it can complement or be complemented by the Project;
i) With other Objectives, solicit the informed input of civil society and government on possible legislative or policy changes the Project supports.
- Cooperate with other Objectives to build counterpart capacity, including for:
a) Public participation and outreach to ensure that all voices are represented and that the public is well informed of integrity measures and successes;
b) Monitoring, evaluation, and learning to ensure that counterparts are able to properly evaluate the effectiveness of integrity policies.
- Supervise the work of the Organizational Development Specialist and Integrity Support Specialist, and of short-term technical experts (STTA) working under Objective 1;
- Ensure compliance with USAID regulations, Checchi procedures, and Armenian law.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on anti-corruption reform, with a preference given to experience within international development programs;
- In-depth knowledge of anti-corruption and integrity strengthening issues and solutions in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, or other countries transitioning to democracy;
- Demonstrated track record in the development of anti-corruption related policy, programs, and/ or institutions;
- Strong analytical skills and ability;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Armenian languages;
- University degree in a relevant discipline. The university degree can be substituted with at least 10 years of additional relevant experience;
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and efficiently coordinate several ongoing tasks;
- Experience supervising more junior team members;
- Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information;
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the Project team;
- Strong analytical, research, and writing skills.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to submit a brief cover letter and resume to: ArmeniaJobs@checchiconsulting.com
mentioning the position title ("Senior Governance Officer/ Objective 1 Team Leader") in the subject line of the email.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!