Teach For Armenia is seeking a Leadership Development Manager (LDM) for the Seroond School Leadership Pathway project (a.k.a. Seroond), which is a talent pipeline and leadership development pathway for its Alumni-Ambassadors, aiming to apply an innovation school model that draws on best practices from around the world to deliver high-quality education centering on students, educators, school leaders and the community. The Seroond LDM will continually reinforce the project’s core purpose and principles, and ensure all decision-making is rooted in the purpose and principles. He/ she will contribute to a healthy environment ensuring a shared understanding of the Seroond model by various stakeholders, including the school staff, community members, the local government, and the Armenian Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport (MoESCS). The LDM partners with the existing teachers and Teach For Armenia’s Alumni-Ambassadors in order to help them achieve impact both in their classrooms/ communities as well as designs academic programs, instructional materials and contributes to the leadership pathways development for the Seroond project. The position offers the opportunity for an outstanding entrepreneurial individual to be part of shaping the future of education in the country. While this is a one-year role mostly tied to the expansion of the Seroond model, there is an opportunity for this role to evolve within the organization.
Seroond is a multi-stakeholder initiative, bringing together MoESCS, the Tavush regional government, and the global nonprofit Kizazi, to catalyze transformational change across the Armenian public school system. Through Seroond, they envision schools that cultivate self-actualized leaders who think globally and work locally to build a better future for themselves and their communities. The Seroond LDM, who essentially serves as a “vice principal”, will report to the Head of Seroond, and will work alongside the other LDMs working in other schools of the project. The Seroond LDM partners with the school principal in order to implement the “Seroond” model, including in-service teacher training and various educational activities for students. Additionally, the Seroond LDMs support initiatives in order to create leadership opportunities for important stakeholders, such as the students and Alumni-Ambassador community. Meanwhile, Kizazi (the international partner) will facilitate a support program for the team to develop an operational plan and school model based on regional and global best practices in running government partnership innovation schools. Kizazi will prepare the team for the launch of the second school and for the first year of operations. Going forward, the team will continue to be a part of the Kizazi's global network - accessing further ongoing support. In the future, Teach For Armenia hopes that Seroond Schools model will be expanded all of the regions across the country. This is an excellent opportunity for an educational leader interested in participating in an exciting project that is likely to scale.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
Strategy and Program Design (30%)
- Implement the project’s educational model, including curriculum, instruction, teacher training and assessments;
- Build instructional programs that align with Armenian national as well as global standards;
- Work with the Head of Seroond to create a common approach, time commitment, and definition of quality for all elements of instruction;
- Liaise with key individuals, organizations, and entities to develop curriculum and other resources to be used across schools;
- Partner with school leaders to create and implement a strategy for school-wide transformation;
- Help shape and drive efforts to move the project forward.
Stakeholder Management (20%)
- Foster strong ongoing relationships with the participating school, local community, regional government, and MoESCS;
- Collaborate with teammates in order to ensure seamless communication with various stakeholders, including potential funders.
Program Implementation and Reporting (40%)
- Coach Teacher-Leaders to help bring the Student Vision to life;
- Provide coaching and support for the Community Impact Projects;
- Work closely with Kizazi and the Learning and Innovation Team to co-create meaningful and relevant professional development opportunities for Seroond’s participants;
- Work with Kizazi and the Learning and Innovation Team to collect, gather, and make meaning of data collected from the classrooms.
Other Tasks (10%)
- Support the team and Head of Seroond in communication with MoESCS while designing the components of the project and the latter’s implementation;
- Collaborate with regional and national teams on special initiatives.
For this role specifically, Teach For Armenia is looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Classroom Impact: In order to drive school-wide transformation, the Seroond LDM must possess a strong track record with classroom impact;
- Community Impact: As a part of Teach For Armenia’s Kochari, TFA believes that Community Impact is an essential part of sparking change across the nation. Given this, the Seroond LDM must also have a strong track record in cultivating community-oriented projects;
- Coaching: Teaching is not easy, and transformational teaching is even harder. The Seroond LDM must become highly effective instructional coaches who is able to bring out the best in the teachers;
- Stakeholder Management: As an organization, TFA cannot do its work without the support of the government and schools. The Seroond LDM helps the organization to maintain strong partnerships by building a rapport with the school leaders, regional government officials, and MoESCS;
- Project Management: The Seroond model is complex and requires careful planning and coordination. The Seroond LDM must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities at once.
Aside from these core competencies, Teach For Armenia is also looking for the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree in Education is preferred;
- At least 2 years of work experience with demonstrated results, preferably in teaching, child welfare, or community-oriented projects;
- 1 year of experince of leading an effective community-focused initiative;
- Experience serving as a mentor or coach is preferred;
- Fluency in Armenian language; proficiency in English language is strongly encouraged.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their résumé and cover letter by the following link: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=73&source=other
. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to the Organization's mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian language, please provide an English translation.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Teach For Armenia may be the place for those who believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Its team must be comprised of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership it is striving to cultivate in its classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify its Core Values, hold themselves to the highest of standards, while owning up to mistakes when they falter.
TFA Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity:
Teach For Armenia is an organization that strives to elevate the voices of its students and their communities. As such it is an organization that is committed to equity and it strives to build an inclusive environment. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Its team must be agile as it grows in scale. Teach For Armenia is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.