Teacher Support Specialist will be responsible for the co-creation and implementation of high-quality self-guided "offline" and online teacher training modules. Teacher Support Specialist will work closely with the Teacher-Leaders' Leadership Development Manager to ensure the online learning is internalized by the Teacher-Leaders and helps them to advance their teaching techniques.
As Teach For Armenia is expanding, it has implemented a support model where its regional teams have the space to determine the strategies that make the most sense for their local contexts. To do so, each cluster will be staffed by a Head of Region, a Regional Coordinator, and Leadership Development Managers. The Teacher Support Specialist will report directly to the Programs Design Manager and work closely with the regional teams. Together, they will bring the Company's vision to life within the regions.
Co-Creation and Session Delivery (20%):
- Co-design one-year online and "offline" self-guided teacher training modules;
- Facilitate sessions and conduct lesson observations at Teacher Leadership Academy (requires 5-week full involvement happening offsite).
Teacher-Leader Evaluation, Ongoing Support, and Progress Tracking (60%):
- Track tasks, provide feedback, assess the progress of Teacher-Leaders in a pre-service online course;
- Evaluate Teacher-Leaders performance through online lesson observations, data analysis and highlight areas of improvement, and define next steps;
- Provide the TLs with remote guidance and support with teaching practice;
- In consultation with LDMs, provide TLs with additional resources, materials, tools, information, etc. to support classroom instruction and planning;
- Input data in SalesForce.
Team Alignment (20%):
- Hold ongoing meetings with the Leadership Development Managers as well as the Learning and Innovation team to highlight the key achievements while resolving challenges.
Notes: In particular cases, the situation will require LDMs and TSS to visit classrooms together to support Teacher-Leaders through direct involvement. In these situations, extra time for site visits may be required. Furthermore, Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Its team must be agile as it grows in scale. Teach For Armenia is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
For this role specifically, Teach For Armenia is also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Classroom Impact: In order to build a high-quality teacher training program, the Teacher Support Specialist needs to have a track record of success in the classroom;
- Relationship Building: The work of a Teacher-Leader is challenging. As such, the Company needs a Teacher Support Specialist who leads with relationships in mind when supporting Teacher-Leaders;
- Providing Feedback: Much of the feedback that will be given to Teacher-Leaders will be online. As such, the Teacher Support Specialist must be a strong communicator via written and verbal feedback;
- Data Management: Teach For Armenia uses Salesforce to track progress towards goals. The Teacher Support Specialist needs to be committed to maintaining the Company's systems so that it can make data-informed decisions;
- Collaboration: The Teacher Support Specialist needs to work in lock-step with Leadership Development Managers in order to ensure that the support that Teacher-Leaders receive is cohesive. Meanwhile, the Teacher Support Specialist needs to collaborate with the Learning and Innovation team in order to implement the online course.
Aside from these core competencies, Teach For Armenia is also looking for the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree; a master's degree in Education is preferred;
- At least 2 years of teaching experience with demonstrated results;
- Experience serving as a mentor or coach is preferred;
- Fluency in Armenian language; Teach For Armenia is a part of a global network, as such proficiency in English language is preferred.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Please submit your résumé and cover letter via the following link: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=69&source=bamboohr
. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to Teach For Armenia's mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian language, please provide an English language translation.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Teach For Armenia may be the place for those who believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Teach For Armenia's team must be comprised of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership it is striving to cultivate in its classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify our Kochari, hold themselves to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when they falter.
Teach For Armenia's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity:
Teach For Armenia is an organization that strives to elevate the voices of its students and their communities. As such it is an organization that is committed to equity and strives to build an inclusive environment. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.