The Teach For Armenia (TOF) Translator is responsible for the content translation and proofreading for all online and offline communications for Teach For Armenia’s brand in Armenian, English, and preferably Russian languages. The Translator must be able to write in a way that maintains or duplicates the structure and style of the original text while keeping the ideas and facts of the original material accurate, by using Teach For Armenia’s distinctive language and unique vocabulary. The Translator will report to the Marketing Manager. Working alongside the department’s team members, the goal of the Translator is to deliver translations for multiple digital platforms and printing materials as if it were the original written material. As a part of the Marketing and Brand Strategy team, the Translator will be taking part in weekly Communication Planning meetings. They will then collaborate with other team members in planning weekly communication plans to distribute the Organization’s cohesive message for social media channels and weekly newsletters. This role is a perfect fit for an individual who appreciates teamwork.
The main responsibilities include:
- Work with the Social Media content mapping team for creating weekly and monthly content.
Direct Interpretation of newsletters and web content (30%)
- Work on the translation and proofreading of the scripts for the Organization's weekly newsletters, Teach For Armenia’s websites, and other content.
Supporting Org-Wide Initiatives in communication (30%)
- Serve on other working groups and projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; knowledge of Russian language is preferred;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Understanding of grammar;
- Interpersonal communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to read through or listen to material in one language, ascertain understanding of the meaning and context of that material, and convert it into a second language, making sure to preserve the original meaning;
- Ability to translate online, video, and television media by providing subtitles;
- Ability to consult with subject matter experts and other colleagues in order to understand specialized concepts and translate them appropriately;
- Ability to translate a variety of documents including literary, legal, research, technical, scientific, educational, and commercial materials;
- Ability to specialize in a particular industry in which he/ she has a relevant experience or knowledge, such as medicine, the arts, business, or finance.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Please submit your résumé and cover letter via the link: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=68
. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to the Company's mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian language, please provide an English translation.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Teach For Armenia may be the place for those who believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. The Teach For Armenia team must be composed of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership they are striving to cultivate in their classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify the Company's Kochari, hold themselves to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when they themselves falter.