Request for Quote (RFQ)
The My Armenia Program is seeking a short-term Interior Designer who can provide design services for the museum component of the My Armenia Program. Additional details can be found in ANNEX A: Scope of Work (SOW).
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Design;
- At least 5 years of experience in interior design and museum design projects;
- Excellent knowledge of digital software such as Google SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and ability to diagram concepts and sketch ideas;
- Excellent software and computer skills;
- Experience in interior design and exhibition design;
- Excellent knowledge of design documents;
- Portfolio showing exceptional creativity and innovation.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Fluency in Armenian and English, both written and oral;
- Must be able to travel outside of Yerevan;
- Familiarity with Armenian museum and cultural sector a plus;
- Experience with USAID and MAP a plus.
Applications including the daily rate must be submitted by email to Alisa Ayvazyan, Finance and Operations Manager at: AyvazyanA@si.edu
with CC to: KhatchadourianN@si.edu
. Submitted applications must include the following information to be deemed responsive to this Request for Quotes and accepted by the My Armenia Program:
- Portfolio of previous similar work showing the capacity to carry out the Scope of Work and any relevant details about applicant background/ experience that render him/ her as a strong candidate for carrying out the necessary services;
- CV demonstrating relevant experience, skills, and technical knowledge per the evaluation factors listed above;
- Rate per square meter and quote for travel for up to four site visits per museum design project (three museums total) in AMD.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
RFQ_Interior Design MAP Museums.zip - Request for Quote
My Armenia, a joint partnership between USAID, the Smithsonian Institution, and the people of Armenia, harnesses the power of research, documentation, and storytelling to strengthen cultural sustainability through community-based tourism development. As outlined by USAID/ Armenia and the Smithsonian Institution, the primary goals of this 5-year program are to build cultural heritage tourism in Armenia so as to increase the number of tourist visits, increase spending and days stayed per tourist with an emphasis outside of the capital, and create new job opportunities for Armenians. Guided by its mission for the "increase and diffusion of knowledge" and its values in long-term high-quality cultural heritage work, the Smithsonian Institution (SI) and the partners will work towards these joint goals. SI will apply its long history for cultural heritage preservation and support to community economies to strengthen cultural heritage tourism in Armenia. In collaboration with USAID, SI has identified four major objectives for the project:
- Objective 1: Strengthen Armenia’s cultural heritage tourism offering;
- Objective 2: Increase awareness of Armenia as a cultural heritage tourism destination;
- Objective 3: Improve cultural tourism sector workforce skills;
- Objective 4: Coordinate GOAM, donor, resource partner, and stakeholder involvement.